- Bread baking machine. Fast acting yeast - 1 sachet
- 300g white flour
- 2 eggs
- 5 table spoons of raisins, dried lemon/orange pieces
- cinnamon, brown and white sugar
- 120-150ml skimmed milk
- pinch of salt
How you do it
With Bread Baking Machine
- In the Panasonic breadbaking machine add the yeast first.
- whisk the eggs
- Put flour, milk, whisked eggs, 1 tblspoon sugar a pinch of salt into the bread pan
- select 'Dough' programme
Without breadbaking machine
- use a clean bowl. pour the flour in. in the centre of the bowl dig a small hole.
- heat the milk until lukewarm - then add yeast and sugar. whisk until all is well mixed.
- pour the mix into the small hole of the centre of the flour in the bowl.
- cover with a kitchen towel and let rest for at least 30min. before you proceed check that the yeast is actually expanding.
- next put the whisked eggs into the mix and knead the dough. add flour if necessary. It is useful to cover your hands in flour - so the mix won't stick to your hands.
- form a ball and put back into the bowl. cover again with the towel and let it rest for another 2 hours.
Making the Buns
- preheat the oven to 200 degrees (centigrade)
- put the dough on non-sticky baking paper. roll out and form a rectangle. again cover your hands in flour to avoid the dough sticking to your hands.
- once a rectangle cover the surface with a slight film of milk. this is so the fruits will stick.
- cover the surface next with cinnamon and brown sugar. then add the raisins/lemons/orange bits evenly.
- then start rolling up the dough. start at the long axis of the rectangular dough. continue rolling until the whole dough is rolled up and forms some kind of 'sausage'.
- take a sharp knife and cut the dough into separate bits.
- put the pieces on non-sticky baking paper. you may cover the buns with additional sugar/cinnamon.
- put into oven for 20-25min until slightly brown.