Given the ingredients you might be excused to think there should be a government's health warning attached to it. But then I only eat once a year - on NYE.
What you need
- 12 eggs
- 10 pickled onions
- 5-6 gherkins (pickled)
- 3-4 hot peppers (pickled)
- 1 onion
- pepper, salt and a pinch of sugar
- mild curry powder
- mayonnaise 500gr
- mustard (mild)
- Emmenthal cheese
- toast bread sliced
How you do it
Prepare the egg salad
- boil the eggs for several minute. We need hard eggs for this.
- Once boiled, let the eggs cool down in cold water. Then peel off the shell
- peel and chop the onion - put into the bowl
- take the pickled onions and chop - put into the bowl
- the gherkins and hot peppers should but cut thinly. Add the cut peppers/gherkins to the bowl
- cut the hard boiled eggs into little cubes (if possible) and add to the bowl
- now add the mayonnaise (all of it)
- add 2 table spoons of ketchup and 2 tea spoons of the mustard
- add 1-2 tea spoons of the mild curry powder
- spice with pepper, salt and a pinch of sugar
- mix thoroughly
Prepare the toast
For each slice of white bread do the following
- take as many table spoons of the egg salad and spread evenly over the slice of bread
- cut a few thin slices from the Emmenthal cheese and cover the bread with the egg salad
Heat up the over to ca 180 degrees (C) and bake the toasts for ca 35-40 min - so that the cheese on top starts getting slightly brown (but not burnt)
You can serve the toasts hot - or cold.
And if you can manage more than 4 you are VERY good.