What you need
- farro 150mg
- 1-2 fennel bulbs
- 1 red onion
- cherry tomatoes
- halloumi cheese
- flat leave parsley, a small bundle of fresh mint leaves, and some fresh oregano leaves
- salt, pepper, sugar
- sherry vinegar, olive oil
- 1 litre of water
- mixing bowl
- salad bowl
- sauce pan
How you do it
Marinade the onion
- chop the onion and put in a small bowl
- take a good tea spoon of sugar
- pour 3 table spoons of sherry vinegar over it and mix.
- let it rest and start preparing the rest
Prepare the Farro
- put 1 litre of water on the boil and pour the 150g farro in it
- let cook for 10-12 min
- pour content in a sieve and rinse the farro
- let cool down
Prepare the Halloumi
- a table spoon of olive oil in the skillet and heat up
- slice the halloumi into 5mm thick slices and put in the skillet
- brown on both sides.
- take of the cooker and put the grilled halloumi on the side to cool down
- chop fennel bulbs
- quarter the cherry tomatoes
- cut the cucumber into little cubes
- chop parsley, mint and oregano
- cut the pomegranate and extract the seeds
Now all veggies into a salad bowl and season with a little salt and pepper.
Then pour the farro and halloumi over it.
Finally the onion/sherry mix.
Give it a good stir.