Here is the link:
What you need
- bread. You can use old bread - it soaks up the milk/egg mix better
- 4 eggs
- broccoli - medium to large head
- small red/yellow pepper
- garlic clove
- oil, salt, pepper
- bacon or pancetta, sliced
- milk (not semi skimmed/skimmed)
- baking form
How you do it
- preheat the oven to ca 175 - 180 C (fan should be ca 170-175C)
- wash and cut the broccoli into small chunks.
- chop the garlic and wash/slice the peppers into thin stripes
- put some olive oil in the skillet and heat up
- add the garlic for ca 30 sec then add the sliced peppers for another 30 sec before adding the broccoli.
- I also added 1 or 2 slices of the bacon to it. and if you like you can pour a little bit of white wine into it (a table spoon or so).
- cook for ca 5 min and then let cool down
- chop the bread into little cubes
- add milk and the 4 eggs into a bowl and season with pepper, salt. Then whisk
- grate the parmesan until you got ca 2 cups. Add one cup to the milk/egg mix. whisk again
Now we got everything ready - let's prepare the form
- put a layer of chopped bread on the bottom of the form and add a bit of the broccoli, garlic, pepper mix.
- then another layer of bread and veggies. Continue this way with the rest of veggies/bread
- pour the milk/parmesan/egg mix over the filled form
- place the bacon stripes over the top
- sprinkle the rest of the grated parmesan over it
- place into preheated oven and cook for 50-60min