- 3 peppers
- 4 cloves of garlic
- salt, pepper, basil leaves, oregano leaves
- 8-9 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 4 small potatoes
- ca 1 litre water
- 3 tbl spoons oil
- 4 spring onions
- 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
Equipment: baking form, a pot, food processor/blender
How you do it
Prepare the peppers
- preheat the oven to ca 200 C
- wash the peppers, cut in halves. Get rid of the seeds.
- peel the garlic cloves and chop into small bits
- lay the washed and cut pepper halves into the baking form
- sprinkle the chopped garlic over it
- pour the oil over it
- put the form into the oven and bake for ca 1 hour
- remove from oven and allow to cool down.
- save the oil in a cup
- wash the tomatoes, basil and oregano leaves
- peel the potatoes
- peel the onion and spring onions - and chop into small bits
- cut half of the basil and oregano leaves very small
- remove the stems from the tomatoes and cut in quarter
- use the oil from the pepper roasting and put into a pot
- heat up until hot
- add the roasted pepper, onions and the chopped oregano leaves. heat for ca 5 min
- add the potatoes. heat for another 5 min. then add the tomatoes and basil leaves and cook for another 5 min.
- add the teaspoon of balsamic vinegar.
- add the water. stir. heat until the soup is on the boil.
- reduce heat, add the cover the pot and let cook for 10 min.
- after 10min add the other half of the oregano leaves
- cook for another 5 min then add the chopped spring onions. Let it cook for another 10 min.
- Turn off the heat and add the basil leaves.
- Let it cool off. When cool put the soup into the blender and process the soup until it is smooth.
- you may retain a few basil leaves when the soup is going to be served.