There is an Italian version of it, called Panzanella - but I wouldn't claim mine is particularly Mediterranean.
What you need
- a few slices of bread
- cherry tomatoes
- pepper - and if you like - chilli
- pepper, salt, sugar
- 1 lemon
- oil (olive or sunflower)
You can also add different flavours. E.g.
- anchovies instead of bacon
- basil leaves
- mixing bowl
- frying pan
How you do it
- cut the bacon into little cubes and fry in the frying pan until golden brown. Put aside to let cool down.
- cut the bread into little cubes. Put into mixing bowl
- cut the cherry tomatoes into halves and add to the bread
- cut the cucumber into little slices/cubes and put into the bowl
- cut the pepper halfway, remove the seeds and cut into thin slices. Add to the mix
- grate the parmesan and add to the mix
- add the fried/cooled bacon
- juice 1 lemon
- add 1 teaspoon of sugar to the juice
- add a bit of salt and pepper
- add 3 tablespoons of oil
- mix well
Finally: pour the dressing over the bread/veggie in the bowl and mix.